RE: Instrument cluster repairs...solution...maybe

I have concerns about this.  Isn't the rear defrost grid a resistive
conductor (realistically, anything is, but not designed to be so)?  I think
it would have to be to generate the heat required to melt stuff, which is
what it's doing.  Assuming this is the case, wouldn't the repair stuff be a
similar material?  If so, you're replacing an ideally non-resistive trace in
the circuit with a resistor.  If the voltage drop isn't a problem, that's
great, but it seems you could run into some sort of problem with it.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco
'70 Bug - Hibernating