Re: Was: mis after rocs in the fog Now: help- headhasket/ head re pair.

In a message dated 11/9/00 5:53:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, DonW@cati.com
writes:

The head studs are designed to stretch when they are torqued down and
cannot be reused.  You should purchase new ones.  I got mine from
Techtonics.  TT also carries ARP brand that is aircraft quality and can be
reused.  Also my menchanic used a special technique and torque wrench to
apply the correct torque required.  I'm glad I didn't do mine myself when I
rebuilt my engine.

It's really not that difficult...There are torque specs and stuff in the
book. With the head studs, it comes with different torque specs and you
follow the original sequence for tightening them.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)