Insturment cluster repairs...solution...maybe

If anyone's had problems with the insturment cluster
printed wiring in their cars I've found one solution.
The positive side of my signal indicator burned out
the other night.  I removed the cluster to replace the
bulb and found it.  As an avid model car builder I ran
to my supplies box and grabed some stuff called bare
metal foil.  It's actually a very thin sheet of metal
with an adhesive on one side.  I cut a thin strip of
it out and stuck it across the gap burned in the
harness after throughly degreasing the area with
alcohol. Bingo, signals work again. I'm not sure how
long it will last as the sheet I've got is about 3
years old and the adhesive isn't as sticky. I
re-inforced the patch with a piece of electrical tape.
 It's not a perfect fix, but much better than scouring
junkyards trying to find a printed harness that would
work.

George-