RE: Engine Designations

Buy a Bentley.  If you don't have one, you *need* one for your car (Haynes
just doesn't cut it), and they're really not too expensive.  They'll give
some information on engine codes.

JH is the code for the '83+ US (and possibly others in North America?)
engine for the 8V Scirocco.  It's also in the '83-84 gti.  Pretty nice,
especially when compared to the EN from '82 (1.7 with smaller valves, not
nearly as much potential as a JH) and other prior engines.

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'84 Scirocco
'70 Bug - Hibernating