RE: MK1 Ragtop... sources?

I have a complete "stock" ragtop setup in my garage...........

It's the side chrome pieces, and front and rear that rivet to the car, and
the top itself.  The top is not in good shape, definetely needs a
rebuild......

A shop called Sunroff Performers in Southern CA said that they can do it for
like $250.  These guys have been around since the tops were first put in
Sciroccos and have all the spare parts too.

For the modern approach, go to the Brittax website and check it out.

look to spend at least $300 for the top and another $200 or so to have it
put in....not to mention a custon headliner adn possibly fabirication of
some roof support....cutting a 3 ft square out of the top of your unibody
car is not great for rigidity.

Brian H