Re: POWER? How can i obtain more HP? (Sell me upgrades)

>List,
>	Ok now I know this question is asked ALL the time but for
>shit's and giggles I'll ask again.

I've answered this question so many times...

>	How can I get the most HP and/or THROTTLE RESPONSE out of my
>1.8 16V Scirocco?

Serious 16v tuning is expensive.  No way around it.  No, not one.
There's a few HP to be freed up with tricks and bolt ons, but not much.

>- When I hit the gas I just want to GO! I don't want that in between
>hesitation feeling that I have now. I'm very aware of the fact that only
>so much power can be derived from a 1.8 but I must be missing something.
>
>Engine wise I Have the:
>TT Cat back
>Autotech Power Module
>K&N air filter
>
>	- The motor has 129,781 but has just about everything replaced or
>rebuilt. Runs strong. Lol I change the oil + filter every 2000 mi.
>	Let's keep in mind that I'm 19 and not rich yet so dose anyone have any
>Suggestions for me? AHAHAHAHA there has to be at least one person on the
>list who has some idea what I'm going through.
>
>Thanks for your time,
>Dan Kraus :-)

Obviously, one of the the best answers is to start with a 2L...

However, I have a new suggestion.  Install a 2H, or 4K 8v transaxle.
Maybe with a custom .80 or .75 fifth.  I wish I had started there...
Those transaxles are close ratio boxes equipped with a 3.94 final
drive.  I rank this mod up there with dropping in a 2L for sheer
acceleration potential.  No kidding, this is the cure for 1.8L 16v
gutless lowend response.  I'm guessing you'll be able to do this
conversion for $300-$400, if you can get the gearbox for ~$300, as
you'll need a new 8v clutch to fit the smaller clutch splines of
the 8v gearbox.  Add a lightened flywheel and renew your shift
linkage bushings while your at it.

Other then that, you're into headers, cams, decked head, head porting,
over boring, engine managment, and forced induction.

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net