Cheapass Ron's Pressure Bleeder

After reading how folks drooled over the Motive Power
Bleeder, and reading how some Volvo guy made his own,
I figured this wasn't rocket science and therefore
within my grasp.  Being a cheapass, here's what I did:

-Bought a Sears 1 gal. Polyethelyne Sprayer (711511)
$15
-About 3' 5/16" clear tubing and two little hose
clamps (about a buck total).  Use enough tubing to fit
from the M/C to the tank as it sits on the ground.
-one tire valve (free, laying around)
-one spare brake master cylinder cap (free from a bud)

The sprayer comes with a hose attached to a trigger
valve, to which a wand fits.  I shortened that hose to
about 8" and cut the wand down to 1".  Put the 5/16"
hose over the shortened wand and clamped.

Took the M/C cap and removed the float and sensor
guts. The remaining hole is too big for the tire valve
so I cut a disk from the bottom of an old 5 gal.
bucket, drilled a hole in the center, and inserted the
disk into the cap.  Pulled the tire valve through the
hole.  Used the old M/C cap gasket.  Now I had a M/C
cap with a tire valve sticking out the top!  Revmoved
the valve part and connected the other end of the
5/16" hose.

Put one qt. brake fluid into the sprayer, pumped it up
lightly, and connected the m/c cap to the master cyl.

Cracked loose a bleed nipple and checked the pressure
with a fuel pressure gage...about 20 or so psi.
Attached my normal clear line to the nipple and let
the fluid run until clear...what a breeze!  I didn't
even have to remove the wheels, just crawled under and
away I went.

The whole operation (after I got the parts) took about
an hour and fifteen minutes, including the bleeding.

Improvement possibility:  drill a hole into the tank
and fit a tire valve, so the tank pressure can be
checked with a tire gage.

Good luck,

=====
Ron
'87 16V (Victor, the Famous Cheap Scirocco)
'93 Cab (soon for sale)
many, many, miles and busted knuckles on about seven or so past watercooleds...