Re: VIN Number q's

On Sat, 4 Nov 2000 20:50:46 -0500 "Julie Macfarlane"
<juliemac@telenet.net> writes:
> I was working on the beast today and came up with a question that has
> me confused.
> On the CT Title it has a VIN# of :wvwca0530bk022584
> On the panel under the hood: wvwZZZ53Zbk002584
>
> This number is 20,000 cars younger.
>
> HELP!
>
> Julie Macfarlane
> '81-8v Scirocco (Mom)
> '81-16v Scirocco (Fronkenstien)
> '83 Rabbit GTi (Related, but we just don't talk about it....)

Relax Julie...

The number on the cowl is not the final VIN number...

Does know what the "CA0" stands for?

I ran into this once, as I was cutting up my first Scirocco with an
acetylene torch. A concerned neighbor called the local Police and he
checked my title, to the ZZZ VIN number on the cowl and he was concerned
at first when it didn't match, but then later realized that it was ok..

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'80, '84, '88 Scirocco rollers