Re: New affordable Sachs Clutch!

>Has anyone checked out the new Sachs Power Clutch kits?   We just got flyers
>from Sachs on these and they are suppose to be somewhere in between the
>stock replacement clutch kit and the horridly overpriced sport clutch from
>sachs.  I called our supplier about them and our cost for the kit is only $8
>more than the stock kit.  UNFORTUNEATELY (I know, there is always an
>unfortuneately) they are not making them for 16vs, atleast not at this time.
>They are new so maybe they will come to their senses and make some for the
>16v.  Probably because the 16v isn't being produced anymore!!  Maybe this
>will help you 8vers to decide what type of clutch you want to put in next
>time!  HTH!!
>
>Dave

Well, you ought to be very pleased to know that if they make it for
the 4 cyl, 8v A3's then they make them for our 16v's. :)  The 2L A3's
share input shaft size (larger) with the AGB/2Y 16v transaxles.  Hence,
any clutch that fits those cars, also fits ours.  This is why the nicer
2L 16v clutch has been discontinued (superceeded) by the somewhat
wimpier 2L A3 clutch.  Get them while they last!

==Brett

\/\/ '88 Scirocco 16v (Show), '92 Passat 16v (Winter+) | - brett@netacc.net