Re: H4 Head light conversion

In a message dated 11/3/00 12:23:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ioverholt@hotmail.com writes:

Bottom line, Hella uses high quality crystal in their lenses and actually
shoots the correct beam pattern.  I'm sure Cibie lights are also good.
Outside of reputable manufacturers, you get an inferior product that
probably won't last as long

I have also heard that the reflective stuff on the inside of the Autopal
lights burns off if you use high wattage bulbs. The Bosch H4's I have seem to
have a good pattern to them, though...I think they would be on the list of
"reputable" manufacturers.

Mike
http://www.geocities.com/vwmikel
'84-Arkay Turbo Rabbit GTI
'84-Rabbit GTI - uh.....
'77-Rabbit - project
'80-Scirocco S - (um... to be:1.9L crossflow, turbo, 6 speed, widebody?)