Re: Casey's tranny probs.

>  my tranny popped out of 5th.  I put it back in and it popped out
> again....it kept popping out, so I just held it in 5th for 35 min or so.
> (now I have a sore arm).

Damn!  That was your trans telling you that it was low on fluid and was
fixing to start eating everything inside the trans.  You really only get the
one warning of popping out of 5th.  That's because that part of the housing
is the highest point, so any drop in fluid level eats 5th gear first.

Generally when really odd stuff happens like that you should do a "crazy
Ivan" and pull to the shoulder to check things out.

It's what we call "a learning experience",
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco
Anthracite '84 GLI
Eugene, OR