From: owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org
[mailto:owner-scirocco-l@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Kevin Collins
Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 11:01 PM
To: Julie Macfarlane
Cc: Scirocco-L@Scirocco. Org
Subject: Re: re-building Comp System

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

> Ok, so the penguin lovers will like this. DO NOT MOVE TO WIN 2000 AS AN
> UPGRADE TO WIN 98... Nothing but a headache. for home apps possibly use
Win
> Me. (no I am not apart of the sweepstakes...)

Couldn't disagree more.  I went to NT Workstation from 98 ages ago, then
to Win2k in the beta cycle, and then to release code.  It's 1000% more
stable than 98, and about 10,000% better than Me, which is a TURD and is
causing a LOT of people many headaches, especially people "upgrading" from
98 - a clean install is the only safe way to go with Me.  But Win2k is
absolutely a better choice than either, and I can't think of a SINGLE app
I've had a problem with under Win2k, including obscure consumer-type
crap..

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0