Re: [mk2] no go (spark somewhere else....)

>From: "Foxx (in a box)" <foxxinabox@core.com>

>   in an effort to get my '86 8v back on the road before winter, i
>replaced a number of things today: wires, cap, rotor, plugs, o2 sensor,air
>filter, and fuel filter.

Tell your dad that the prudent (although not necessarily most exciting) way
to check for spark is to start at the spark plugs and then work your way to
the coil. Just hold it 1/8" from the block and look for a spark.

But since your not sparking at all, I'd think that the coil isn't being
"told" to fire by the hall sender. I assume the coil was fine before, and
that you didn't mess with any of it's wires.

Hall Sender (n)- delicate electronic component inside distributor that
ultimately causes the coil to fire a spark. Plug is located on the side of
the distributor.

Mucking with the cap/rotor, etc can crap out the wires. Check that it is
plugged in, too.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0