Re: Any trick to tie rod removal?

I hate re-typing emails - some genius decided to slice
the connection with a backhoe at the exact same moment
I hit send :(

Anyways - I am NOT worried about the tie-rod ends. I
bought a puller last month when I did this job the
first time.  What I am worried about is removing the
entire tie-rod assembly from the steering gear/shaft.
Due to the lack of clearance, I had to get them with a
pipe wrench last time, and was only able to make a
1/4" pull each time.  It sucked.  A lot.  Putting the
new ones on was no problem, but, per Haynes, I used
the red-loctite to make sure they would stay on, now I
dread taking them back off.

Thanks tho
Mark

=====