Re: Any trick to tie rod removal?

If you are talking about removing the tie-rod ends from the hub carrier arm,
the simplest way to remove them is this:
to get the nut off the ball-joint, use a bar, one end braced against the
floor or the car, lying the bar over the top of the ball-joint and push down
on top of the ball joint - easier with a helper - this will stop the shaft
turning if it is loose in the carrier. This is also useful for doing the
reverse procedure when reassembling.
If you have the opposite problem and the nut comes off OK but the shaft
won't then come out of the hub carrier arm, the simplest solution is to use
a mallet and hit the carrier arm end-on, down the length of the arm. The
shock will usually break the rust/corrosion holding the shaft in and it will
pop-out with a light tap. You can hit it pretty hard without breaking it. If
it doesn't come out after a couple of hits, keep persevering and it should
come out.

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0