Unorthodox Racing Pulleys for All!

Anyone who does not know about Unorthordox Racing should check out
their website at http://www.unorthodoxracing.com.

Anyway, I was cruising their site the other day when I noticed that
they had pulley sets for both 1.8L and 2.0L 16v pulley set ups.  They
also have at least a crank pulley for all 8v's.   The principle behind
what they do is very similar to lightening the flywheel.  If the
engine has less 'dead' weight to spin (or it's easier to spin, Ie
via an underdrive pulley) then horsepower is freed up to spin the
wheels.  Note that this adds no horsepower to your engine, just
allows the horsepower it _does_ make to get to the wheels instead
of being sapped by heavy pulleys or hard to turn accessories.  I
think I'll have to put this on my list of mods that I have yet
to try.  It's a pretty short list actually. :)

It's easier then pulling a transaxle to install a lightened flywheel,
but probably not as effective.  Altough if you look at their testimonials,
you'd think it was adding 10-15% more HP in many cases.  Maybe true
for some of those cars, can't really say...anyway, check it out.

==Brett