Re: More ND wrap-up

David & Michelle Barwick wrote:

> Kevin Collins' car is frighteningly beautiful.  Unfortunately he caught
> Shannon and I feeling the brand new rubber (DOH!).  Why would anyone do
> this?

Thanks for the compliment!

Why indeed?  That question ranks right up there with "Who built the Sphinx?"

Best explanation I can dig up is that when I bought that car 2 years ago (as
a DIRECT result of making the ND trip in my '97 GTI VR6 along with the SoCal
Scirocco contingent), I instantly fell in love with it and have wanted to
paint it and clean it up ever since.. I was initially discouraged by the
extreme cost involved in doing it right - nice new paint w/o doing all the
rubber and other trim would have been a waste IMHO.. better to leave it as-is
than go halfway.  Finally a couple of months ago I subscribed to the Tom
Cruise theory of life, and said "what the fuck?" and the rest is history.
Thankfully, now that it's done - no regrets.   :D

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0