More ND wrap-up

Going through the old digests that have built up after ND and the last week
back at school; and I still haven't read them all!  But I couldn't wait any
longer to mention a few things that came up at ND.

*  Kevin Collins' car is frighteningly beautiful.  Unfortunately he caught
Shannon
   and I feeling the brand new rubber (DOH!).  Why would anyone do this?
With my
   questionable black paint it's hard to find an acceptable parking spot.  I
don't
   know how Kevin does it.  Congrats Kevin.

*  Craig Williams' Mk1 2L 16v is incredible.  I have some pics of the engine
   conversion and it is very tight.  Talk about attention to detail!  And
his paint
   job defies description.  It's awesome.

*  After driving in front of Andy Murphy's Mk1 with its Square lights and
full body kit for upwards of two hours at a time, I think it captures the
look of a period race car its best.  It looks great from any angle (see
Scirocco.org) and the fact that it looks like it has been driven (rock chips
and chipped body kit pieces) is all the better.  I can also say that our
caravan to ND wasn't slowed down by this Mk1 by any means.

*  Chris DeLong's Mk1 is also very fast and very loud.  It grows on me more
each day as I look at it sitting by my house awaiting a trailer ride back
home to remedy the timing belt failure.  Chris has obviously put a ton of
time into this car as the list of goodies on it is huge!  We had a great
time blasting through the twisties on the way home at 80+.  Too bad someone
couldn't have taken pics of the radar speed warning signs on those curves.
Nothing like knowing your exact speed as you roll into a sweeper.  Chris is
a stand up guy.  Straighforward and he knows his way around a car.  I am
glad to have finally met him.

*  Thanks to getting a drive in Shannon's freshly broken in 2L 16v, I now
need to do the same in my car.  The 2L makes a huge difference that cams and
exhaust just can't overcome.  Will someone on the list selling used Recaro's
please send an email to Shannon.  He is looking for new seats!

*  Randy B's Mk1 is clean!  Even after the curb jumping contest at the hotel
it looked great.  Love those Revolution wheels; and the Mars red paint is so
bright!

*  If you haven't met Shawn Maze (pronounced Mazy if you didn't know) you
are missing out.  He is a stand up guy.  Straightforward and opinionated.
Don't make a judgment about someone just by the text from this list.  I
wasn't ready for how sincere and honest he actually is.  Don't think I won't
be calling to hook up with you when I am down in So Cal this Summer Shawn!

I can't mention every great aspect of this gathering without generating tons
of flames for the length of this post, so I don't mean to leave anyone out
as an insult.  All the guys that showed up had a love for Scirocco's and it
showed.  Best of all was to finally meet the people we have been living with
over the last few years.  Until it happens to you, you won't know how
strange it is to meet these people and wonder how you will remember their
names; until they say what their tag line is.  Then all is good.

I am glad to finally have one of Mr. Meze's Scirocco.org shirts.  If you
don't have one, what's the deal!

Later,
David Barwick
Black '88 Scirocco