Re: Springs moving in their perches

--- Dsrtwnd16V@aol.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> Anybody ever have that annoying "boing-g-g-g" noise come
> from a front spring
> that turns when you turn the steering wheel?  I've found
> that my neuspeed
> "lowering" spring is making lots of noise in parking
> situations.  Honestly,
> it looks like the spring has slightly come unwound and
> isn't tight enough
> against the perch.  Should the perch (am i spelling that
> right?) spin with
> the spring?   Any suggestions to shut it up?  TIA
>
> \X/ Dan May - Greensboro NC

Dan,

My '81 truck had the same symptoms when I bought it -
turned out one of the front springs was broken.  Not what
you want to hear I'm sure...

=====
Daun Yeagley
'80 Scirocco S
'81 Pickup
'82 Pickup
'85 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v
"Never joke, taunt or dangle what might be seen as a challenge in front of the powers that be.  The universe is listening."  -Lane Wallace.