Re: Urgent help needed

In a message dated 05/27/2000 10:31:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tberk@mindspring.com writes:

<< I understand you can replace the later model self adjusting model clutch
 cable with one of the standard/ early types. Cheaper, manual, simpler,
 what's not to like?

some of the eary cables are shorter, so you may have to route it under the
boot instead of over.  Also, you could swap the thick stack (that goes at the
tranny end of the cable) for a thinner stack with a thinner rubber piece.
When I had to put a manual cable on in an emergency I ran into trouble as the
cable was too short, and when the cable broke I lost the slotted clip that
holds the stack on.  Now I always keep a spare stack and cable with me.

Good luck

greg f