Re: MFA Cluster Install/ Parts FS

On Sat, 27 May 2000 11:01:57 PDT "Braden Sayer" <sayerbj@hotmail.com>
writes:
> Ok, I picked up a couple of what I think are MFA type clusters today
> at the ol' junkyard.  (Out of an 87 GLI)  Look like normal clusters
except
> the clock seems to have other functions as listed around the outside of

> it (miles, mpg, temp., etc.)  I know some of you have put this in a
> roc.  I would like to try, so how about some intructions on how to go
about
> it.  Do things just plug in normally, do I need special parts/senders,
etc,
> or is this pretyy much impossible?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Along these lines, as I said I picked up 2, so the other is for
> sale.  Any offers????  Also picked up a single wiper set up out of an
82,
> anyone??
>
> Brad

I'm pretty sure that '85 has the newer connector, but you will need to
either add some terminals to your existing connector (for a clean
instal), or splice in the '87 connectors.
You will also need a air temp sender, run a vaccum line to the back of
the cluster, and I'm pretty sure you'll need another oil temp sender.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI