strut tower rust

  i guess this is what you'd call it. i finally got to taking out the
interior in my '85 and discovered this, much to my surprise. it's on the
front of the passenger side rear strut/shock tower. the drivers side is
fine, but this one is starting to rust pretty bad. does anyone have a
fix or ideas on how to fix this so it doesn't happen again? is the car a
goner? please let me know asap. i need to order a clutch for the car,
but if it's not going to live, then there'll be no need. thanx.
--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com