Cuppleathings.......

1) I have an oppertunity to purchase a used GTI motor for $400 for my
'84.  The guy that owns it owns a VW-exclusive shop, and is planning on
putting it in one of his Rabbits if I don't buy it.  He tore it apart,
replaced lots'o stuff, and I think it'd be a good buy.  My question is:
Should I also payt him $300 to put it in, or should I do it myself?  I'm
pretty handy with tools, very mechanically inclined, etc.  How hard is
an engine swap?  What can I screw up?  I'm leaning towards putting it is
myself (with the help of a buddy, of course).  Any opinions?

2)  Disgusting brats and their toys.  At a high school near where I
work, there is always a black '97/'98 BMW M3 convertible in the lot (if
it might rain), and on sunny days there is a black Viper RT/10.  I've
seen this kid driving them around, looks like a typical
snot-nosed-daddy's-way-to-fucking-rich-for-his-own-good little brat boy.

Just my .02 worth.

Nate
'84 yearning for a new heart