Heat, Smell, and Drip

If I drive my '86 8V for more than a few minutes a few things start to
happen. First of all, there is a smell coming from the engine. It's not
very strong, but it is almost like a burning smell. It's hard to
describe because I've never smelled anything like it before. Like I
said, it's not too strong but it's noticeable if the windows are closed.
Second, there is some heat coming from the console even when the heat is
turned off. I can feel it coming out of the middle vents and from behind
the stereo. Third thing, when I shut the car off there is a dripping
noise coming from inside the engine. All of the hoses are fine and
nothing is leaking onto the ground. My oil level is fine so I don't
think that it's leaking But there is a tiny bit of oil on the outside of
the engine. Could this be what's causing the smell? Also, none of the
cluster lights come on so it doesn't seem to be overheating. Anyway,
some help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Scott Richardson
'86 8V Scirocco