Re: 120A alternator: hp drain?

	Dunno about increased hp drain during periods of high load but I'd assume
that a 120A alternator would drain more hp than a 90 amper.  Otherwise,
you'd be getting free power and we all know that that can't be right.  My
reasoning is that the 120A one requires that the rotor be rotated through a
stronger magnetic field to induce those electrons to do their dance.  I
think that with the ignition off, alternators spin freely but once their
coils are energized, they resist rotation.  Hmm, might be an interesting
experiment to try.  Bear in mind that I'm no physicist so if I'm off, I'd
appreciate the correction.  benton-----