idle issues on new top half of engine

87 16v
well I finally got the car all back together and it runs sweet but I can not
get the car to idle correctly.

the car will idle high at about 1500rpm fairly smooth then all of a sudden
drop to about 700 buck and shake and seem like it is running on three
cylinders...I will hit the gas bring the rpms up and it will smooth out
again at the higher level.....I am guessing this is a vacuum leak
problem?....the only OLD seals I didn't replace (because I couldn't find
them until I finished) were the o rings that went between the injector
insert and the plastic shroud inside the lower intake ....could this be the
problem?....I hope not I really dont want to tear this apart again....

Or am I losing the spark randomly....the cap and rotor are two summers
old....I could replace them if it is the problem?............

Or could I still have some grounding issues due to the powdercoat?...I tried
to make sure that the ground connections especially on the back of the
intake were ground down to bear metal for a good

I also have a slight problem when driving..........the car will randomly
miss like the spark disappeared for a cycle....it was much worse before I
removed my nology hot wires and installed my old stock wires...this problem
is due to the powdercoat on the intake preventing a good path to ground for
the hot wires......................damn powdercoat

well this little problem is a little annoying and I hope to get it cleared
up this weekend before Cincy

thanks in advance