Re: 16v brake booster

On Tue, 23 May 2000 21:38:14 -0700 "Kris Rayner" <veritech@fix.net>
writes:
> Have any of you measured the spacing between the studs where
> the master cyl. mounts?  I heard from someone else that you don't
> neccesariy have to use the 16v brake booster when using a 22mm
> master cyl. Supposedly a booster from an '86 scirocco will work?
> any validity to this?
>                    Kris Rayner
>                   1989 GTI 16V
>     1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
>      "I do nothing in moderation but work."
>                -Charles Dickens
>         http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/

Yes, and it is a direct bolt-on on '84 and up Sciroccos.
The 20 mm and the 22 mm M/cylinders look and bolt up the same.

The Rabbit GTI uses a different push rod setup, plus I think the studs on
the booster, are further apart.

Like Tim said you would need a pedal cluster, and booster.

For what it's worth... The '83 GTI came with a 21 mm M/cyl.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'84 Scirocco 2.0L
'83 GTI, new 21 mm M/cyl