Back from ND....one Scirocco less

Well we are back home happy to be hiding under gray skies....unfortunately we came home with one less Scirocco in our caravan. More on that later. All in all it was well worth the trip and we definitely done again next year. We pulled out of Seattle at am Friday morning and meet up with DavidB and Steve the GTi Guy in Eugene, OR. From there we hauled ass and realized that whenever we reached a half of tank of gas Chris DeLongs carbs were getting dry hehe. But the more frequent stops worked out nice as breaks. I realized that my laptop will only play MP3s for 3hours arghhh...got to get rid of this damn exhaust. Had fun in the mountain passes scaring David with my tail happy car with potters short block rolling around in the trunk hehe, I was always in complete control LOL! I realized that oversteer at WOT on an onramp is not altogether a good thing. Made it to Milpitas and checked in....hung out in the parking lot and consumed much beer, David had two beers and realized what we all were to realize the next morning, 15 road hours + 15 hours of junk food + hella heat and sun + beer = a fun two hours and a night full of sickness. After procuring sandals and shorts at the mall we were styling in the parking lot all nite. Well at least some of us did, Mr..Meze had to go to bed, he had a big day of talking shit to get rested up for. Andy went up early also after Friday night getting a little loose, David got another room hehe. After his the departure the young'ins let loose and consumed nearly all of 150 or bucks worth or beer, even getting down to a case of MBL...eww. 3am rolled around Chris and I headed for bed trashed (sorry if I offended anyone other than Shawn). Sunday morning sucked. We eventually made it to the show and I got a good case of sun poisoning or heat stroke. Much of the show is blur, although it was a shiny blur. I noticed more and more turbos and superchargers. Noticed lotsa pissed ND customers who purchased the Eaton kits only have the 1.8T come out just a couple months later. Mark my words, you're going to see lotsa cheap kits on the market soon. We won all the awards worth winning of course. I asked the best in show winner about his car just before the judging and he cam right out with the secret to tuning VWs, just drop it off at the shop in LA with a credit card, he was disappointed though because it was due to be dropped off again to get a bigger turbo and some other "cool stuff". I personally liked allot of the AV installs and the generous showing of S4s. Lots of stuff also happened.....I just remember heat...and sun...and that we Scirocco owners ROCK! We went back to the hotel and decided to take a dip in the pool and take off early to further avoid anymore heat driving. I got really sick and took a nap. We got up and drove 5 hours to Redding and passed out again. We got up Monday morning around 7 and struck out yet again, me getting sicker at every rest stop. I didn't start to feel better till Portland.....I'm still sick today. Too much heat, too much beer. Two hours outside of Eugene I came around a turn to see Chris hit his hazards and pull off with us in tow, as I pulled off I noticed a thick looking belt in the road. You guessed it, his 16V snapped a belt and as 16Vs do, ate valves. David secured a tow and his wounded car sits in front of David's house. We struck out for the last 5 hours and made it home last nite around midnight. Ill write a thank you letter to everyone later...must sleep while boss is at lunch.....

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
Amazon.com