Re: VW ETKA CD

Does anyone know if this will run under wine? I should think it may, and
if it does could I get around that silly 1152 x 1024 screen limitation?
:) I'm sure there are some Linux/UNIX/BSD X11 geeks on the list :)

Mark Mages wrote:

> I just got the hook-up.
>
> This site is done by someone on the Vanagon list that
> I am also a member of.  It has the CD image file
> (218mb) of the Official program that VW uses in their
> parts department.  The FTP mirror sites are much
> faster than the http, 15kb/sec vs 5kb/sec.
>
> This is only useful if you have a CD burner and a
> decent connection.  It took around 10hrs to d/l on my
> T1 with 3 disconnects (from a resumable site)
>
> What you need:
> A CD Burner or 400mb free on your hard drive
> an FTP program or patience (NetZip rocks)
> WinZip - I used 8.0, any 32bit version should work
> Adaptec Easy CD creator OR WinImage (winimage link on
> the page - I couldn't get EzCd to work with this image
> on win2K)
>
> It is compatible with 95/98 or NT/2000 (and apparently
> works with Mac PC Emulator(but who uses Mac's
> anyways))
>
> No, it is probably not legal, but there is no legal
> disclaimer during installation. (hear no evil, see no
> evil...)  Get it B4 VW finds out.
> It covers models 1946 thru 2001.  BUT it has almost no
> info on Sciroccos until the '84 model year.  Body
> parts only.  It has 16V specific notations on all
> pages.
>
> http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca/gtdproject/fluids/cd.htm
>
> Go git it.  Send me beer in appreciation.
>
> =====
> Mark
>
> 87 Westfalia Gl
> 84 Scirocco 8v
>
> http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/

Gary A. Huff scirocco86@home.com
86.5 16v Scirocco "Red Rocket" (120k miles)
80 Gas Rabbit Pickup; grazing the driveway. (Needs strut tower welding
and
title, 50k original miles)