VW ETKA CD

I just got the hook-up.

This site is done by someone on the Vanagon list that
I am also a member of.  It has the CD image file
(218mb) of the Official program that VW uses in their
parts department.  The FTP mirror sites are much
faster than the http, 15kb/sec vs 5kb/sec.

This is only useful if you have a CD burner and a
decent connection.  It took around 10hrs to d/l on my
T1 with 3 disconnects (from a resumable site)

What you need:
A CD Burner or 400mb free on your hard drive
an FTP program or patience (NetZip rocks)
WinZip - I used 8.0, any 32bit version should work
Adaptec Easy CD creator OR WinImage (winimage link on
the page - I couldn't get EzCd to work with this image
on win2K)

It is compatible with 95/98 or NT/2000 (and apparently
works with Mac PC Emulator(but who uses Mac's
anyways))

No, it is probably not legal, but there is no legal
disclaimer during installation. (hear no evil, see no
evil...)  Get it B4 VW finds out.
It covers models 1946 thru 2001.  BUT it has almost no
info on Sciroccos until the '84 model year.  Body
parts only.  It has 16V specific notations on all
pages.

http://kozmik.guelph.on.ca/gtdproject/fluids/cd.htm

Go git it.  Send me beer in appreciation.

=====
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v