Re: compression?

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> OH MY GAWD!!! This is a sure sign of a 2.0L 16V that hasn't been driven
> hard enough. A quick cure is to autox it, ASAP! The best thing you could
> do for the car is let me drive it for you out on course. Seriously. I
> mean it Kevin. really.  :)

Autocross??  The one time I did that I beat the dog shit out of my tires..
.. found a nasty flat spot on one today.  I think that happened afterwards
though, I went into full lockup a few weeks ago up near LAX and was within
inches of bending the mofo..  :0

> It might be a little high for the 2.0L 16V's specs but its nothing to
> worry about. Does the car have an, ever so slight, uneven idle? Might be
> the 40 psi difference in the #3 cylinder. The probable cause is carbon
> buildup on the pistons or cylinder head. A good hard drive should take
> care of it somewhat but not all of it.

Yeah, I'd say the idle is *very slightly* rough.  I still have that
knocking sound at speed under load, it's done it forever, not sure what
to make of it.  Can't be a rod bearing or it would have let go ages
ago.  Maybe the piston skirts slapping around in the bores?  Seems I
read this is a common occurrence?

--
Kevin Collins
'86.5 16V 2.0