Re: More tranny trouble part 2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marie Laugesen" <marie@blaze.ca>
Subject: More tranny trouble part 2

So I drive my car to the doctors office this morning.... and when I come out
there's a huuuuuge puddle of oil underneath my scirocco... it appears to be
coming from the bellhousing... any suggestions?

   I hope it's not the problem I just dealt with. I found several such
puddles after seal replacements. Turns out the input shaft bearings went bad
in turn ruining the input shaft (as well as the seal) and three pinion
bearings. About $450 for parts alone and $250 labor. German Transaxles in
Oregon has rebuilt units for 16v's for $1195+$375core+$90 shipping (to my
zip code) I got very lucky and found a tranny locally w/65k mi. for $300 and
put all new seals and lube in it. Hope your problem's minor in comparison.
   Gerry