Re: More tranny trouble part 2

In a message dated 05/18/2000 8:59:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
marie@blaze.ca writes:

<< o I drive my car to the doctors office this morning.... and when I come out
 there's a huuuuuge puddle of oil underneath my scirocco... it appears to be
 coming from the bellhousing... any suggestions? >>

Sounds suspiciously like your ring gear machined a hole in your case giving
you one of VW's high tech self-wetting clutches :)   Unfortunately, the only
way to be sure is to pull it out.  If the oil comes out as fast as you put it
in, that's most likely it.
Good luck.
It could also be any of the seals inside around the input shaft or the
release rod, but those are usually slow steady leaks.

Greg Faust

88 16v Scirocco DSP
87 GLi
86 Jetta 2-dr