Re: MK1 Drag results are in(kinda long)

First of all I will tell you the rear shock mount is actually an adjustable
item . The stock hole is there for everyday and autocross use while the
second set of holes is an inch higher for straght line action . So my car can
be set-up for either , at my last autocross I was in the top 10% as far as
times go BTW so it does handle a little.
 If I were to optimise it strictly for one type of racing or another I could
theortically go faster in its chosen field but I like variety , I have even
been known to drive down dirt roads(a la Freddie Loix) and on the ice racing
course (after the event of course) .

I go with the theory that raising the rear puts more weight on the front
tires plus I would dare say there is some lever action at play too . I also
look at other front drive racers and see a similar set-up . The fastest NA
rabbit is using solid rear suspension and I am considering making something
similar to replace the rear struts once I get to the track .

If you really want next time I will leave it in "street" position and do a
few runs then try jacking it and doing a few more and then return it back and
see if there is a noticable difference .

Jasin
experimental "S"