Re: MK1 Drag results are in(kinda long)

>>OK here is the lowdown on my car and mods to achive 14.2 qtr .
>
>that sounds awesome, but I have one question.
>
>>rear jacked up one inch from lowered with custom lower shock mounts
>
>Why? Jacking up the rear will raise the center of mass, and increase weight
>transfer to the rear wheels upon launch. This is desirable with rear wheel
>drive cars (which is why you see it so often with mustangs and camaros) but
>horribly undesirable with front wheel drive, as the drive wheels get less
>traction.

The center of gravity is more centered to the front wheels increasing
traction. Provided the rear struts are stiffer than the front for more ideal
weight distribution.

Just my input on the matter.....

>Not to mention that your car will not take corners as well.

Drag racing does not require cornering. It is very economical to build a
drag car by comparison to building a car that handles AND accelerates
rapidly.

>Is there some aerodynamic reason that I'm missing?
>
>Anyway, congrats on building a low-cost/great-fun speed rocket.

I agree. VERY impressive dude!!

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA