Re: ICE question pt II

Kevin Collins wrote:

> If I'm gonna put 2-way component speakers in the doors again (pretty much
> have to as that's what's in there now, and I have holes for the tweeters
> up high), what size main driver do I get - 5.25"?  4-something??  The
> stockers are 4x6 but obviously all component speakers are round.. help!
>
> --
> Kevin Collins

The current scheme is to fit 5. something inch drivers behind the lower
door panel that uses the existing 4x6 opening. This serves the mids and
(upper) lows. Chop the lower freq at around 1k or less. (Pulled the
number outta my rear, workbook with actual numbers is buried right now).

Separate tweeters mounted up high get the separation and definition.
Mark H and I are both tinkering with this hear 'ideer'.

TBerk