Re: Mk1 Dash Speaker

Kareem wrote:

> I'm about to swap in a near mint '76 Mk1 dash into my '81.
> Anyone have any suggestions/experiences re: a good dash
> speaker to swap in there. What size goes in there anyways?
> Thanks,
>
> Kareem
> '81 Scirocco S
> '88 Scirocco 16v
>
> --

I believe it's a 4x6. Blaupunkt makes a halfway decent driver- Remember
that it will be in the center and won't handle lows to well. Think
summing x-over and hi-pass.

I had a link to some one that recreated a center channel in a car but I
can't find it a the moment.

Seems the 70's cars dashes seem to hold up better than my 80's vintage
cars.

TBerk