Re: ND Show update, and a MAJOR SCORE!

On Mon, 15 May 2000 09:25:46 -0600 (MDT) Night Shadow
<soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> writes:

>Now, as for the score:  I have seen alot of you brag about good deals
>before, but what I am going to pick up tonight is about the best deal I
>have ever gotten in my life.  And funny enough, it's all for my GF's
>cabriolet.  I found a 1997 Golf Trek with 48k on it.  Minor front wreck.
>Everything complete and nice except for the RF fender and hood, for get
>this, $700.  Yep, thats it, $700.  So my girlfriends 91 Cabby (which was
>under a mechanical restoration anyway) will be getting a 2.0 8v and
other
>misc goodies off this car.  Anyone need body parts off a A3 Golf?
>It's a white 4 door and everything is nice!

That is a pretty good score. Parts alone are worth well over $700! Sweet
dude!

I had a decent experience myself lately. Doug knew a guy who wanted to
get rid of his 84 Scirocco. I need parts for my (Currently stripped) 81
FSP project so I thought this would be a perfect donor car. It even ran,
(BONUS) had alot of the basic parts I needed (BONUS) to get my FSP
project going. The price way WAY right. FREE.

So I drive up and meet Doug and the car is in great shape. Its no show
car but with a little work, few new parts and upgrades, it will be a
killer addition to my VW family. Other than the gas I put in the tank,
this car has so far cost me only $36 and ive done a few things to it to
make it a fun daily driver. I should take some pics of it before it
transforms too much. Needs a web page too. Ill get right on that. :)

Free cars are cool.  ;-)

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi 8V                   84' Scirocco 8V <--NEW
82' Scirocco GTi -FSP 30-   81' future "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and best looking Scirocco in all of San
Diego!