Re: No start. :(

Dan wrote:

> On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 01:46:45AM -0400, Testastrega@aol.com wrote:
>
> > sounds like a bad hall sender for sure.....it will pulse when the key is
> > first turned on but no pulse spark...
>
> Exactly what is happening! I get one little spark when i first crank, then
> nothing. I'll make up one of those LED test lights they show in the
> bentley and check it in the morning. The little plastic connector on the
> side of the distributor has been kinda broken for a while... the connector
> just sorta flops there.  Pr'haps one of the wires has shorted out or
> broken.
> Dan

Hall sender. It might even pass a continuity test but not pass enough
signal to trip the computer into sending a spark. You can snatch one off
of a used car, if you can find one- Potter is still away on the One Lap
but I think you can get a hold of a replacement at Rocky Mountain or
those Easterners; <http://www.germanautoparts.com> .

GL,
TBerk