[Fwd: FS: 1981 Scirocco]

Found this in the Newsgroup, TBerk

I'm thinking of selling my Scirocco.  I bought this car about a month
ago, and realized that I don't have the time/space to get it to the
condition I'd be happy with. This is the car from Maryland that some
of you may have heard about.   I bought the car sight unseen, and was
somewhat misled about its condition...

~90k miles.  Metallic green/tan. Straight, clean chassis.  Several
rust spots/holes. Interior pretty good although seats have some
tears. Speedo works, odo doesn't. A/C there, but compressor
not connected (and apparently seized). Hand brake non-functional.
Another problem is that the key only works in the ignition - the
doors and hatch cannot be locked.  The explanation I was given was
that the key was worn, which doesn't make much sense, but there it
is.  If I keep the car, I'll have a locksmith take a look.  It also
needs a steering column bearing, but I'm going to get that done soon.

I paid $850 and just want to get that back.  I also put some new Yoko
Avids on, and we can talk about those.  I'll try to get some pics up
sometime in the next week or so.

The car is located in Brooklyn, NY.

If anyone's interested, let me know.  The main reason I'm thinking of
selling the car is because it's probably going to be expensive to get
the exterior to really top condition.

I can be reached at 718-218-7691.

Thanks!

- Mark Burnham msb@nospam.avdb.com Remove nospam to reply