Timing on a FOX

Hey everybody-

Here's a question. The car is an 87 FoxWagen, and it has a 1.8l 'ME' motor
(thats what it says on the head.).

I just replaced the timing belt, and it wont start.

The rotor on the dizzy is lined up with the mark.
The intermediate shaft mark is centered in between the mark on the crank
pulley.
The camshaft pulley mark is lined up with the front (spark plug side-
remember the FOX motor is 'sideways') of the head, where the valve cover
gasket meets.

Am I doing this wrong for a hydrolic head?

The car ran before I got to it...

Please p-mail me because I get the list in digest, and Id rather not drive
my GF to work tomorrow (again). :)

thanks!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com