Re: new P+P head break in etiquette

> well the thread on the engine break in stuff has me
> thinking

    omigod, no!  everyone DUCK!!  heh

>...when I get my engine running again
> (hopefully this weekend Brett!!!) with the new head
> what kind of breaking in do I need to do if any???????

    van sprew is just a whore, isn't he?  i'll betcha he wished no one knew
that he knows dubs inside and out.  the poor guy gets no sleep.

    well mike, rom my experience, if the bottom end has not been touched,
and the head is just freshly P&P with new gaskets and whatnot, then you
should be able to kick the stuffing out of it right away.  when i first had
my 2.0 block put on, and my first head P&Ped, it was not on longer than 5
minutes and i was running beside my buddy down the highway at 200km/h
(120mph).  it was someone that i raced all the time, so he was like my guage
to see how the car ran.

    i asked my mechanic first if i could thrash it, and he said yup.  so i
did.  of course, i waited til it was up to operating temps before killing
it, but that's what happened to me.  of course, i just had a new head P&Ped
and decked, so you could say that i'm a little ruff on my motors, but i
don't think so ;)

> obviously the lower end is nicely broken in with about
> 150k on it

    i think that you should probably drive the car around nicely for about
100 miles just to have all the seals get used to their new home.   then
start beating it like you know you want to.  HTH!

jason