Re: new coolant?????

MLeach@enipower.com wrote:

> hey I am about to put the finishing touches on my P+P head swap and want to
> know what kind of coolant I should be getting...i heard the orange stuff is
> good....keeping in mind that I will be picking it up locally,  no ordering
> of water wetter or anything like that
>
> anyway what is some good coolant and how much do I need to buy....and I plan
> on using distilled water too
>
> are any of the orange coolants better than others???
>
> thanks
>
> --

Can't answer that last one myself but i have these two observations to
make;

1. I use Prestone Phosphate free coolant. It's mostly Orange in color. i
mix with Distilled water.

2. It is the easiest leaky stuff I have every seen. Any small dribbles
around the heater core inlets/outlets will grow these nasty orange
deposits. Ugh. no big deal, just funky. YMMV.

TBerk