What car was that?

So yesterday I went to the junkyard to get some parts and I come across a
newly deposited MK1. Upon first glance I thought it was an S, but then I saw
some things that changed my mind. The car was white, and had a black and red
stripe that ran along each side, up by the windows. Matching Paint on the
hood/cowl. The bumpers had the red stripes on them, and the badges were all
red, but the rear badge said Scirocco, not Scirocco S. The interior was the
ugly green/brown plaid but the seats had big bolsters, the gauge trim was
all black and it had a 100mph speedo. It had a passenger side mirror. Build
date was 12/78
Aside from some tears on the seat, the car was very clean. Someone had
removed the hood and used it as a mud puddle cover :-(
It was sad to see it in the junkyard, but I'm happy now that I got a full
set of Koni Adjustables and Unknown Lowering springs from it for just $52!!!

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0
For direct reply: jonas@metabolex.com
http://www.geocities.com/scirocco2l8v