Synthetic oil syndrome

Well, I may be beginning to experience what you might call synthetic oil
syndrome. I have been running synthetic oil now for about 2 years.  Last
month my oil pressure switch started pissing oil. Now I have oil dripping
from the other side.  It is hard for me to tell exactly where it is coming
from, either the oil pan gasket, or the main crankshaft seal.  It will only
leak when the engine is running and the drip goes like this, Drip
........Drip..........Drip...........Drip.........with about ten seconds
between each drip and only when the engine is on, this would suggest to me
the main seal right? Is this a normal place for oil to leak from or rare?  I
will be doing the timing belt soon, I should get this seal done at the same
time No? Later all

Brian 86 16v
http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html