ITS ALIVE!! ITS ALIVE MUWAHAHAH!!

I'm relieved and excited to say the 2.0 16V lives and breaths! Brad and Chris and I finished up the swap yesterday with Andy supervising. And what a swap it was, anyone considering a motor swap should think real carefully about just what Plug and Play means. Friday went ok as it was just picking up the block and head (and leaving most of the critical parts in Tacoma) and bringing them down to brads. Saturday was a test of faith....as things started coming apart and any attempt at organization of bolts and parts failed. Thanks to brads drive, Chris's speed Andy's superhuman beer consumption, the motor was removed only breaking the knock sensor. Sunday was the worst....exhaustion and the overwhelming piles of misc bolts and parts got to me, but optimistically we thought we could have the motor in by 4pm to return the cherry picker. We would not.....due to missing parts in Tacoma and the incorrect replacement parts (thanks bow wow) the motor sat partially put together and I thought all was lost. But brad kept me going and we decided to dump the A/C since the PO had screwed up my alt bracket anyway. On went the non-A/C bracket and on went my old water pump (grrrrr) since my new one was in Tacoma and the new pump bow wow sold me for 88 bucks(!!) was the wrong size pulley mount. After quite a bit or wrestling brad got the motor secured in the car and we called it a night and I called in sick for Monday. Got to brads around 8:30 am and promptly feel back asleep, went out to work on car and could little more than stare at it and wonder just what the hell had I done. More staring and three cigarettes later and I gained a little resolve and set to work again. Early afternoon rolled around and brad pointed out to me just how fucking slow I am so I called Chris back up and lured him over to west Seattle with beer. While waiting for Chris my mind completely shut down....but thanks to Chris and his bucket of bolts, Bradley for telling work to fuck off, and Andy for securing more beer the motor was all hooked up. I cranked it over...and over.....and over.....and over...sputter...and over..sputter sputter....and over..sputter cough....cough-whoosh-growl and she breathed to life. So now we are getting to know each other all over again and taking it slow.
    Thanks to Bradley Peet for being there through thick and thin and having patience with me while I learned it the hard way and mixed used fluids in his garage (he hates that hehe), even though he did attack me with brass wire wheel and some noxious Mexican food. And we know its sensitive right after you pull it out we'll let you hold it for awhile from now on...we wont make the same mistake twice brad lol. Thanks to Chris Delong and his bucket o'bolts, he does pretty good with water pumpers being an air cooled mechanic and all, I just hate all the damn fel pro (maybe we can find you a support group) crap in his garage hehe. Last but not least there's Andy.....he drinks beer...ayy lad...tis aloot a beer aa that, im sure someone will need bail money at ND. And I know what parts you all touched and are responsible for in case they fail. Thanks again....its alive!!

2.0 16V Motor rebuilt with new P&P head, Sachs Sport Clutch and misc swap parts.
$2400.00
10 Six packs of beer and BBQ food.
$100.00
Prozac
$85.00
Hearing the growl of a new 2.0 16V roar to life which was only hours before parts on a garage floor.
Priceless.

Thank you for your time.
Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management