Re: Starting problem

Scott Richardson wrote:

> About 80% of the time when I start my car the wheel shakes rhythmically
> and it makes a rumbling noise. Also, the tach goes up and down a little
> past 1000 in sync with the shakes. It goes away after you give it gas
> for a few seconds but it is very annoying. Any advice on what it could
> be?
>
> Scott Richardson
> '86 8V Scirocco
>
> --

Bad idle, esp on a cold start should be 1st verified with the basics-

Pour some cleaner through the fuel system; Chevron Techroline or B-12
Chemtool (strong stuff, be careful).
Carb (O2 sensor safe) cleaner in the by pass regulator.
Replace your injector seals.
New spark plugs?
Air/ gas filter?

Do the tune up basics, and report back.

TBerk
btw- Motor mounts dampen a lot of vibration, swap em fer new.