Re: Tie rod problem

DavidG1952@aol.com wrote:

> I noticed that the tie-rod on the left side of the wheel bearing housing was
> non-ajustable as compared to the other side. Is this normal? My other MK1 has
> adjustments for both sides.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> David Guido

Yeah like John said the replacements are the same for Left or Right and
are adjustable. The early cars all came with just one adjustable T rod.

As for a puller I keep seeing these instructions to whack the end with
two hammers, being careful to
avoiding damage to the part that plugs into it. It's like two
simultaneous hits from opposite sides and boom, it pops out a bit. Never
did it myself but hth,

TBerk