Re: instrument panel removal

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Michael Leach wrote:

> how the hell do you get this thing out of the car..I
> have the cluster completely unplugged from the car but
> I cant get the bottom of the cluster out due to the
> two tabs which stick out.............how is this done
> I am getting a little frustrated

I've got it pretty much worked out so that I can pull mine out pretty
quick ('86 8V). After unplugging everything I turn it so that the left tab
is pushed as far to the bottom-left as possible, and the right tab is
pushed up towards the top-right. With a bit of a push I can get the right
tab pulled out, just clearing the edge of the instrument panel hole.

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html