Re: Valve tap dilemma...

> Not true, there is an easier way. You can simply install the pump
> and
> rotate it until the shaft slides into the distributor slot. The oil
> pump
> sits flush with the block, thats how you know its installed right.
> Otherwise you have a 1/4" gap. Rotate the pump back to line up the
> bolt
> holes, simple.

I think you're thinking of an 8v oil pump Shawn. There is no 'slot' on a
16v oil pump, it's splined. Most of the time, when you release the
pressure on the gear that is in contact with the intermediate shaft, that
little gear can get askew and make it impossible to mount the pump. For
those LESS experienced with doing their own work, I prefer to tell them
the proper way to do things. I can understand the why you wrote what you
did though. You are correct if an 8v was involved.

Eric Ellis
Good, bad....I'm the guy with the gun!